Monday, May 30, 2011

"Curvy Road"

It was Memorial Day 2011, and my husband and I took an adventure to Canyon Lake. We decided to go the day before, which was out of character for us. Normally, we would have known at least a week in advance and would have planned for it. But, we decided to be spontaneous!

I enjoy trips, but I don’t like the traveling part…especially if it’s in a car. We drove through many curvy roads. These turns forced me to close my eyes and hope that my stomach would not get queasy. My husband kept telling me to not look out the window. I tried my hardest to not think about what was around me, but it was quite difficult. Once we reached the top, I saw the beautiful, blue, shimmering water. We saw the much anticipated lake. Our destination was in sight, and all of a sudden I forgot about the curvy roads. I forgot about the ache in my stomach. I only focused on the beauty of the water.

I started to think about God, his son, and the kingdom. Even though we travel on tough roads throughout our lives, I have to remember that there is a beautiful kingdom that is waiting for us. Amid our struggles, let us focus our eyes and imagine what is in store ahead. “Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart (Hebrews 12:2 & 3).”

No comments: